With my first pregnancy, I faced one high-risk complication. With my second pregnancy, there were two. I was able to carry both to full term. With this pregnancy, I came home from my 10-week check-up with a list of four high-risk complications from my doctor.
Through my pregnancies, God has taught me many important lessons. To walk placing my trust in Him, to pray, and to praise Him when prayers are answered. For a long time, I was content with praising Him for the things He has done. But what do I do when things do not go well? He has been teaching me that He deserves the praise, no matter what the circumstances are. He is sovereign whether life is going relatively well or deprecatingly bad. Now, my attitude is I will praise You whether You choose to bless me or not. I will be thankful whether I am walking through times of struggle or experiencing times of His blessings.
I have been learning to not walk with a spirit of entitlement, but to continually surrender my thoughts and expectations to the Lord. A noted Christian author states in a recent book: Everyone wanted to use God more than honor Him. People felt entitled to the blessings they wanted and the spirit of entitlement swallowed up whatever humility of surrender might have been alive within them.
I deserve judgment. God granted me His mercy. I do not deserve His blessings, but I will praise Him whether He chooses to bless me or not.
At my last doctor's appointment, my four high-risk complications were taken down to two. God made that happen. He is walking me through this pregnancy one day at a time.
Lord, thank you for this and every physical and spiritual gift that you have given me. Help me not to hold onto false security or to feel entitled or deserving of things. Thank you for answering my prayers. You alone are to be given the glory due Your Name through all of our circumstances. Thank you, Jesus for continually rescuing me from my selfishness and pride. Continue to work Your Spirit in and through me. Thank you for blessing us with our two daughters and a son on the way. Help me to model my continual surrender to You. Please show us how to walk everyday in the "newness of Your Spirit."
No comments:
Post a Comment